Saint James was founded back in 1856 and is the oldest incorporated parish in the Catholic Diocese of St. Cloud west of the Mississippi River. The church is located about 20 miles west of St. Cloud within the unincorporated “town” of Jacobs Prairie, Minnesota. Saint James has never been a large parish. Currently comprised of approximately seventy-five families and thirty-five singles, widows and widowers, Saint James remains a close-knit community of faith, as it has been for 150 years. We are proud to be able to maintain our small church (which seats about 180, including the choir loft) and our rural community atmosphere.